Exhibitions, Events, Talks, Learning Projects and more – find out what’s happening at Drawing Room!
Find out our opening hours, how to get here and learn more about our space & local area.
Drawing Room/Tannery Arts
Unit 1b, New Tannery Way
London, SE1 5WS
Our Learning projects make drawing relevant and accessible to our community – for schools, teachers, families & local groups. Come and Draw!
Free and open to all, our Library is a unique collection of around 4,000 books dedicated to the exploration of contemporary drawing.
Our Members support all that we do and enjoy exclusive events, talks, tours and studio visits – find out how you can join!
Buy publications related to our exhibitions, as well as unique artworks and limited editions.
Find out more about Drawing Room, what we do, and our relationship with studio provider Tannery Arts.
Tannery Arts is a small, independent charity concerned with supporting the professional development of emerging and established artists through the provision of affordable studios, promoting their practice through opportunities to exhibit work, develop projects, generate partnerships with local authorities, private property owners and social housing organisations as well as engage in learning activities.
hosted by artist Peter Liversidge
An ART + FOOD + DRINK fundraiser event to support Drawing Room’s Outset Study.
On Thursday 10 July 6.30 – 9.30pm
Join us and take part in Peter Liversidge’s infamous ‘Gin Proposal’, supported by Sipsmith. This performance event lasts the duration of the gin supply; once the bottles and glasses are empty, the performance is over!
From the artist’s bespoke gin stand Sipsmith will be serving G & T’s in limited edition ‘GIN’ glasses hand etched by Peter Liversidge. Soak up the liquor with sausages made to Hubert Liversidge's (Peter’s grandfather) recipe and select music tracks from Peter’s ‘drinking songs’ jukebox.
This event celebrates the launch of Peter Liversidge’s affordable limited edition print The Rules ( taken from The Rules of the Library). Created for Outset Study in 2013, The Rules of the Library include real library rules, invented rules and those of widely differing organizations including: The Library of Congress, Rules of how to travel the Panama Canal, Rules from the British Library, The Frick Collection, Rules from the Monks (a 1960s avant-guard garage rock band) and Rules for Pool-side etiquette.
” Kindly refrain from: running, pushing, acrobatics or gymnastics
No smoking, no drinking, no horse play
Use your inside voice “
All proceeds from the evening and print sales will provide essential funds for the continued development of Outset Study.
This event is free to attend, pay bar, all welcome.
– A limited number of hand etched glasses are available at £25 each, reserve your glass here http://drawingroom.org.uk/shop/gin-glass-by-peter-liversidge
Notes to press:
– Invitees to the event will include artists, Drawing Room patrons and supporters including artists: Mark Wallinger, Cornelia Parker, Fiona Banner, Michael Landy, Julie Verhoeven, Will Gompertz, Sigrid & Stephen Kirk, Kinder Aggugini and Michael Craig-Martin amongst others.
– Drawing Room is the only public and non-profit gallery in the UK and Europe dedicated to contemporary drawing, supporting the production of new work and providing opportunities for artists, writers and curators to produce, examine and research contemporary drawing. Our exhibitions and events attract a wide audience including teachers, students and the general public interested in contemporary art, and in particular drawing.
– Outset Study is a free, open access resource comprising a growing reference library of 2,000+ books on contemporary drawing worldwide, some of which are not available in other major UK and Irish Libraries. Housed within the gallery it is open to all visitors and also delivers a programme of talks, events and displays. It reflects Drawing Room’s commitment to place audience learning and research at the center of the gallery experience.
– Peter Liversidge has worked with institutions across Europe, including the Tate Gallery, Liverpool; The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and the National Gallery of Finland. A major solo exhibition doppelgänger, as well as a new public art commission Flags for Edinburgh, were launched on 1st August as part of the 2013 Edinburgh Art Festival. Liversidge was included in The Spirit of Utopia at the Whitechapel Gallery, London (2013). He has previously hosted Gin proposals at Tate Modern, Whitechapel Gallery and Towner Art Gallery, Eastbourne.
– In 2009 Sipsmith set up London's first copper distillery for almost 200 years. Their aim was to bring back to the U.K the art & craft of small batch spirit production. They have been distilling spirits of uncompromising quality on a residential street in Hammersmith ever since!”
For further information, images, biographies, or to arrange interviews please contact [email protected] or telephone 020 7394 5657
Drawing Room,12 Rich Estate, Crimscott Street, London SE1 5TE, Tel: 0207 394 5657
FREE ADMISSION, Tue/ Wed/ Thur/ Fri 11 – 6pm, Sat 12 – 6pm, www.drawingroom.org.uk