Exhibitions, Events, Talks, Learning Projects and more – find out what’s happening at Drawing Room!
Find out our opening hours, how to get here and learn more about our space & local area.
Drawing Room/Tannery Arts
Unit 1b, New Tannery Way
London, SE1 5WS
Our Learning projects make drawing relevant and accessible to our community – for schools, teachers, families & local groups. Come and Draw!
Free and open to all, our Library is a unique collection of around 4,000 books dedicated to the exploration of contemporary drawing.
Our Members support all that we do and enjoy exclusive events, talks, tours and studio visits – find out how you can join!
Buy publications related to our exhibitions, as well as unique artworks and limited editions.
Find out more about Drawing Room, what we do, and our relationship with studio provider Tannery Arts.
Tannery Arts is a small, independent charity concerned with supporting the professional development of emerging and established artists through the provision of affordable studios, promoting their practice through opportunities to exhibit work, develop projects, generate partnerships with local authorities, private property owners and social housing organisations as well as engage in learning activities.
Working within the small team at Drawing Room these voluntary positions offer the successful candidates a unique opportunity to acquire a wide range of skills.
Drawing Biennial 2017 Assistants
Voluntary position January – April 2017
Deadline: Tues 15 Nov 2016
Drawing Biennial 2017 is an exhibition of works on paper made by approximately 200 invited artists. It is Drawing Room’s largest exhibition and an important exhibition in the art world calendar. Sale of the works through an on-line auction raises essential income for drawing room. Working within the small team at Drawing Room this position offers the successful candidates a unique opportunity to have a focused internship acquiring a wide range of project skills, you will:
– Liaise with contributing artist
– Support the uploading of works images and information to Biennial website
– Handle donated artworks and assist in exhibition installation
– Collate bios and research contributing artists
– Assist the marketing and social media campaign
– Provide front of house support for duration of the exhibition and auction
Outset Study Assistant
Voluntary position for immediate start
Deadline: Tuesday 15 Nov 2016
Outset Study at Drawing Room is a free, open access research hub comprising a growing reference library of books on contemporary international drawing, Drawing Room publications and a programme of events and displays. We are now looking for a volunteer to assist with our library services. The volunteer will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of aspects of library management, as well as experience of working closely with our curators and gallery team to deliver an ambitious exhibitions and events programme. You will:
– Assist with management of online resources and web content
– Assist with stock management, acquisitions and the archive
– Basic cataloguing
– Undertake research and deal with Library enquiries
Email CV, contact details for two references and cover letter expressing your interest by above deadlines to [email protected]
Person specification for both positions:
– Able to commit to 2 days per week for a period of 4 months
– An interest in contemporary art
– The ability to work independently and within a team
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Exceptional attention to detail
– PC literate with experience of Photoshop and Excel
– Experience within retail and/or hospitality will also be greatly valued
We are able to cover expenses for travel within London. There is also potential for additional paid work on Saturdays and Sundays