Exhibitions, Events, Talks, Learning Projects and more – find out what’s happening at Drawing Room!
Find out our opening hours, how to get here and learn more about our space & local area.
Drawing Room/Tannery Arts
Unit 1b, New Tannery Way
London, SE1 5WS
Our Learning projects make drawing relevant and accessible to our community – for schools, teachers, families & local groups. Come and Draw!
Free and open to all, our Library is a unique collection of around 4,000 books dedicated to the exploration of contemporary drawing.
Our Members support all that we do and enjoy exclusive events, talks, tours and studio visits – find out how you can join!
Buy publications related to our exhibitions, as well as unique artworks and limited editions.
Find out more about Drawing Room, what we do, and our relationship with studio provider Tannery Arts.
Tannery Arts is a small, independent charity concerned with supporting the professional development of emerging and established artists through the provision of affordable studios, promoting their practice through opportunities to exhibit work, develop projects, generate partnerships with local authorities, private property owners and social housing organisations as well as engage in learning activities.
Approximately 1.5 days per week, for immediate start.
Salary : 28,000 – 32,000 pa dependent on experience
Tannery Arts is a small independent charity that supports the professional development of emerging and established artists by the provision of affordable studios. As Studio Co-ordinator you will be the main point of contact for Tannery Arts.
· Filling vacant studios: advertising to our waiting list, and via other arts platforms; maintaining our waiting lists; manage applications and show prospective tenants studios
· Administrate new tenants draw up contracts, license agreements and other paperwork for new tenants, ensure deposits and license fees are paid; brief them on studio procedures
· Administrate departing tenants: manage notice periods, draw up final statements, return deposits
· Liaise with Finance Manager over rents and deposits paid
· Artist Liaison: Responsible for communication of information to studio holder artists and dealing with artists requests, queries and complaints
· Update website and social media as required
· You will ensure we meet our organisation’s governance obligations and charitable aims as set out in our Rules
· You will report to the board of directors and work with Building Manager (p/t), Finance Manager (p/t), Company Secretary(voluntary) and Chair (voluntary).
· Organise Board meetings: set meeting date; liaise with attendees; set agenda with Chair; distribute papers; minute and attend meetings
· Organise AGM: set date; communicate to members and trustees; set agenda as required by our Rules; distribute papers; minute meeting
· Create and maintain all paper filing systems
· Occasional admin support to Chair, Secretary and Finance Manager
· Occasionally liaise with Drawing Room Gallery Manager on building logistics
Additional work on projects may be required e.g. moving to new buildings. The role is expected to develop as the organisation grows.
· Minimum 3 years office administration experience
· Enthusiasm for contemporary art and artist practices
· Experience of working with artists
· Excellent skills in Word and Excel
· Ability to manage your own workload and manage your time efficiently
· Flexible schedule
· Able to take initiative to ensure the smooth efficient running of the studios
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to use tact and discretion.
· Used to working to tight budgets
· Experience of managing building suppliers, such as utilities, alarm contractors and business rates
· Experience of minute taking and organising meetings
· Experience of CMS website administration
· Experience of working with artists’ studios
· Experience of rental agreements for commercial property, building management and business rates for the charitable sector
· Experience of the voluntary sector
· Basic understanding of accounts, including use of Quick Books or similar book keeping package
This is a permanent freelance position, with a 3 months probationary period.
Applications by email to [email protected] by 17 May at 9am. Subject heading: Studio Co-ordinator Role.
To apply please provide a full CV, cover letter stating your suitability for the post and two referees. Interview will take place end of May/ start of June.
More info on Tannery Arts here