* THE PRIZE DRAW IS NOW CLOSED *
If you donate £5 or more to Drawing Room by 18 December we will enter you into our Free Prize Draw to win one of three unique works on paper kindly donated to us by artists Jordan Baseman, Sara Mackillop and Garrett Phelan.
Images clockwise from left: Jordan Baseman, True Romance, 2009, stickers on paper, 29.5 x 21 cm; Sara McKillop, Pages, 2009, ink jet on paper, 21 x 29.5 cm; Garett Phelan, Bloody Mynah 41, 2013, pencil, ink on paper, 22 x 17 cm.
Please ensure you provide Justgiving with an email address and that you tick the box at the end saying you are happy to be contacted by Drawing Room so we can enter you into the prize draw .
Drawing Room is the only public, non-profit gallery in the UK and Europe dedicated to the investigation and presentation of international contemporary drawing. Your donation will help us to deliver our ambitious future programme.
Jordan Baseman makes video works and installation pieces exploring his interest in narration, storytelling, personal experience and belief. His works have been shown extensively in the UK, and abroad. Recent solo exhibitions include: Deadness, Matt’s Gallery, London, The Most Powerful Weapon in this World, Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead, Nasty Piece of Stuff , Aberdeen Art Gallery, Green Lady, Modern Art Oxford at Story Museum. Born in USA, Jordan Baseman studied at Tyler School of Art, Philadelphia and later gained an MA from Goldsmith’s College, University of London (1988). Baseman has recently been appointed Head of Sculpture, Reader in Fine Art, at the Royal College of Art, London.
Sara MacKillop’s practice takes inspiration from both minimalism and conceptualism, exploring in a precise and subtle way the systems and objects of her immediate surroundings. Sara MacKillop lives and works in London. Recent exhibitions include: New Stationery Department, Motto, Berlin (solo), The Feverish Library, Capitain Petzel, Berlin (group exhibition), White Columns, New York (solo) and Spike Island, Bristol, England (solo). Recent publications: New Stationery Department, Motto Books; Ex-Library Book, Pork Salad Press; House & Garden, Paul + Wendy Projects.
Garrett Phelan has developed a distinctive art practice that directly engages the audience with immersive ambitious site-specific drawing projects, independent FM radio broadcasts, sculptural installations, photography and animation. He has exhibited widely in Ireland and internationally, most recently at the Irish Museum of Modern Art, Proa Fundacion, Buenos Aires, Argentina, the 11th Lyon Biennial, France, 4th Auckland Triennial, New Zealand, SMART Project Space, Amsterdam, ICA, London, Fruitmarket, Edinburgh, Kunstverein, Hannover, Art Statements, Basel 39.
A special thank you to the artists for their kind donation of these unique works.
Terms and conditions:
1. This is a free prize draw open to all individuals (except for those working for Drawing Room) who donate at least £5 to Drawing Room between the dates of 9th December and 18 December 2013.
2. The prize is one of three drawings as advertised.
3. All individuals who have donated to Drawing Room via JustGiving and who provide an email address and tick the box to share information with Drawing Room, will automatically be entered into this free prize draw.
4. Names will be drawn on December 19th 2013 and winners notified by email.
5. Cost of posting drawings will be charged to the winners or alternatively you can collect in person from Drawing Room, 12 Rich Estate, Crimscott Street, SE1 5TE by May 2014.
6. Prizes are non-transferable.
7. The prizes are as described and there are no cash alternatives. No other expenses are included as part of the prize.
8. Drawing Room reserve the right to cancel this free prize draw at any stage if deemed necessary.
9. Gift aid will not be collected on this donation.
Posted: Thu 05 Dec 2013