- Outset Study
- Support us
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER / Catalyst Evolve project co-ordinator
Fixed term, maternity cover, 2 days per week – £26,400 pro rata £110 per day (freelance 9 to 16 months)
This is an exciting time to join our small not-for-profit organisation leading on the final year of our Arts Council England Catalyst Evolve project. By August 2019 Drawing Room needs to raise £30,900 from new sources including individual giving, charitable trusts and corporate sponsorship to receive match funding from ACE Catalyst Evolve. Drawing Room needs to raise additional funds through its Drawing Biennial exhibitions and other fundraising initiates, including earned income. You will work on this project as well as the additional fundraising in close partnership with Drawing Room’s Directors. This role is supported by Arts Council England Catalyst Evolve funding until September 2019. Drawing Room is an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation.
Drawing Room is internationally renowned for stimulating debate around the nature and purpose of drawing today. Through free exhibitions, artists’ talks, practical workshops and a unique library we aim to nurture the production of drawings and promote understanding of them. We currently present 4-5 exhibitions per year and a programme of events including a bespoke, artist-focussed programme for members and patrons.
In this role you will:
• Devise, lead and manage funding development strategy for the Catalyst Evolve project (http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/catalyst-evolve#section-2)
• Develop and implement the strategic development programme, with a particular emphasis on charitable trusts, business sponsorship and individual giving
• Support the directors on all development projects
• Manage Catalyst Evolve Budget, including keeping donations log up to date in liaison with the Finance Manager and submitting claim forms.
• Programme, promote and deliver high quality events for members and patrons ( approx. 8 per year).
• With Drawing Room’s directors maintain relationships with members and patrons
• Administrate membership and patron schemes via online database i.e. renewals and access to benefits and offers.
• Assist on event and membership promotion in liaison with the Gallery Manager to ensure members receive all relevant information and offers before the general public
• Assist with event bookings and logistics in collaboration with Gallery Manager.
Drawing Room is run by a small team with the support of gallery assistants who work weekends. You will be expected to be a team player with the ability to work independently and creatively with limited resources.
You must have:
• Experience of working on development projects – raising funds for exhibitions and learning projects
• Knowledge of funding sources – charitable trusts, business sponsorship and individuals
• Proven expertise in writing grant applications
• Experience of managing and hosting successful membership and patron schemes
• Experience of managing project budgets
• Experience of engaging with a wide range of people from art to non-art specialists
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with great attention to detail
• Experience of event delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A friendly, confident, ‘can do’ attitude
• A relevant degree
• A keen interest in contemporary art
• A willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
To apply please send a letter expressing your interest in the role (one side of A4), CV and 2 referees, and an equal opportunities form (downloadable on this page) to Suzie Jones, Gallery Manager [email protected]
Applications deadline: Tuesday 20 March 5pm.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28 March and we expect the appointed individual to begin w/c 23 April.
Posted: Fri 23 Feb 2018