This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Drawing Room, the owner(s) of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately. No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon our sending a dispatch email to you indicating that your order has been fulfilled and is on its way to you.
- Definitions and Interpretation In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
||means any third party responsible for transporting purchased Goods from our Premises to customers;
||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
||means any products that Drawing Room advertises and / or makes available for sale through this Web Site;
||means Drawing Room, 12 Rich Estate, Crimscott Street London SE1 5TE
||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Drawing Room makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
||means any details required for the purchase of Goods from this Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
||means collectively any orders, invoices, dispatch notes, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form;
||Means our place(s) of business located at 12 Rich Estate, Crimscott Street London SE1 5TE
||means any online communications infrastructure that Drawing Room makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
|"User” / “Users"
||means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Drawing Room and acting in the course of their employment; and
||means the website that you are currently using drawingroom.org.uk and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- Age Restrictions Persons under the age of 18 should use this Web Site only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
- Business Customers These Terms and Conditions do not apply to customers buying Goods in the course of business.
- International Customers If Goods are being ordered from outside Drawing Room’s country of residence, import duties and taxes may be incurred once your Goods reach their destination. Drawing Room is not responsible for these charges and we undertake to make no calculations or estimates in this regard. If you are buying internationally, you are advised to contact your local customs authorities for further details on costs and procedures. As the purchaser of the Goods, you will also be the importer of record and as such should ensure that your purchase is in full compliance with the laws of the country into which the Goods are being imported. Please be aware that Goods may be inspected on arrival at port for customs purposes and Drawing Room cannot guarantee that the packaging of your Goods will be free of signs of tampering.
- Intellectual Property
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 6 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Drawing Room, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by Drawing Room.
- Third Party Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- Subject to Clause 7 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Fair Use of Intellectual Property Material from the Web Site may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- Links to Other Web Sites This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Drawing Room or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Web Site Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site drawingroom.org.uk without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Drawing Room. To find out more please contact us by email at [email protected]
- Use of Communications Facilities When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Web Site you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the British language as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of Drawing Room or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You acknowledge that Drawing Room reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- Accounts In order to purchase Goods on this Web Site and to use the forum facilities you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Web Site as we may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. Drawing Room accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact Drawing Room immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised purchases that may be pending. Please be aware that purchases can only be cancelled until they are dispatched. In the event that an unauthorised purchase is dispatched prior to your notifying us of the unauthorised nature of the purchase, Drawing Room accepts no liability or responsibility and you should make contact with the Carrier detailed in the Purchase Information.
- When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 10. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- Termination and Cancellation
- Either Drawing Room or you may terminate your Account. If Drawing Room terminates your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- If Drawing Room terminates your Account, any current or pending purchases on your Account will not be cancelled and will be dispatched.
- Drawing Room reserves the right to cancel purchases without stating reasons, for any reason prior to processing payment and dispatch.
- If purchases are cancelled for any reason prior to dispatch you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- If you terminate your Account any non-dispatched purchases will be cancelled and you will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases.
- Goods, Pricing and Availability
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations and descriptions of Goods available from Drawing Room correspond to the actual Goods, Drawing Room is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Goods, not different Goods altogether. Please refer to Clause 15.1 for incorrect Goods.
- Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required [size] [model] [colour] [number] [other features] of the Goods that you are purchasing.
- Drawing Room does not represent or warrant that such Goods will be available. Should any items not be available you will be contacted by Drawing Room and offered an alternative or a full refund.
- All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. Drawing Room reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary. All pricing information is reviewed and updated every day.
- In the unlikely event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Goods and Drawing Room processing that order and taking payment, you will be contacted prior to your order being processed with details of the new price;
- Drawing Room will notify you by way of email when your goods are to be dispatched to you. The message will contain details of estimated delivery times in addition to any reasons for a delay in the delivery of the Goods purchased by you.
- If Drawing Room receives no communication from you, within 7 days of delivery, regarding any problems with the Goods, you are deemed to have received the Goods in full working order and with no problems.
- Returns Policy Drawing Room aims to always provide high quality Goods that are fault free and undamaged. On occasion however, goods may need to be returned. Returns are governed by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you receive Goods which do not match those that you ordered, unless accompanied by an explanatory note detailing the changes, stating reasons for the changes and setting out your options, you should contact us within 7 days to arrange collection and return. Drawing Room is responsible for paying shipment costs. You will be given the option to have the Goods replaced with those ordered (if available) or to be refunded through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods. Refunds and replacements will be issued upon our receipt of the returned Goods.
- If any Goods you have purchased have faults when they are delivered to you, you should contact Drawing Room within 7 days to arrange collection and return. Drawing Room is responsible for paying shipment costs. Goods must be returned in their original condition with all packaging and documentation. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- If any Goods develop faults within their warranty period of 6 months, you are entitled to a repair or replacement under the terms of that warranty. Within a further 6 months of purchase we can offer a 50% discount on replacement parts with proof of purchase.
- If Goods are damaged in transit and the damage is apparent on delivery, you should sign the delivery note to the effect that the goods have been damaged. In any event, you should report such damage to Drawing Room within 10 days and arrange collection and return. Drawing Room is responsible for paying shipment costs. Upon receipt of the returned Goods, the price of the Goods, as paid by you, will be refunded to you through the payment method used by you when purchasing the Goods.
- You have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is complete and ends 7 days after the Goods have been delivered. If you change your mind about the goods within this period, please return them to Drawing Room within 7 days of receipt. Goods can only be returned for this reason if their packaging remains unopened and the Goods can be re-sold, as new, without any additional work on the part of Drawing Room. You are responsible for paying shipment costs if Goods are returned for this reason.
- If you wish to return Goods to Drawing Room for any of the above reasons, please contact us using the details on our contact page to make the appropriate arrangements.
- Drawing Room reserves the right to exercise discretion with respect to any returns under these Terms and Conditions. Factors which may be taken into account in the exercise of this discretion include, but are not limited to:
- Any use or enjoyment that you may have already had out of the Goods;
- Any characteristics of the Goods which may cause them to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- The fact that the Goods consist of audio or video recordings or computer software and that the packaging has been opened;
- Any discounts that may have formed part of the purchase price of the Goods to reflect any lack of quality made known to the Customer at the time of purchase. Such discretion to be exercised only within the confines of the law.
- Drawing Room makes no warranty or representation that the Web Site will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Services.
- No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Web Site should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this Web Site is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions Drawing Room reserves the right to change the Web Site, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Web Site following the changes. If Drawing Room is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions relating to sale of Goods by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
- Availability of the Web Site The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.Drawing Room accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Drawing Room accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Drawing Room’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Drawing Room.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Drawing Room’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect delivery of Goods or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Web Site.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Notices All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to [email protected] Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Law and Jurisdiction These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Drawing Room shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Drawing Room and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Drawing Biennial Auction Terms and Conditions
In consideration of your use of Drawing Room’s website you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Bidder's Registration form and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any Registration Data that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if we have grounds to suspect that such Registration Data is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Drawing Room has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse your participation in the auction.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your auction password and Bidder number and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password, Bidder number or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password, Bidder number or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
To ensure that you receive all email notifications, add [email protected] to contacts and corporate white lists. Drawing Room is not responsible for missed email notifications.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions of this website you are agreeing that if your bid for a particular drawing is the highest bid you will pay the amount of that bid to Drawing Room for that drawing. Payments can be made by BACS, credit/debit card, cheque or cash and must be made before or on collection of the drawing. Works purchased in Drawing Biennial 2017 cannot be returned or exchanged.
Drawing Room will arrange shipment of works by Royal Mail as selected by you at the time of ordering. Alternatively you can arrange the collection of the work from the gallery or courier collection for London Zones 1-3 only. The cost of shipment of work is borne by the customer. Works are sufficiently packaged in hard backed envelopes. Drawing Room reserves the right to refuse any claims for items based on packaging. Works sent via Royal Mail services are at the customer’s own risk.
As a customer you agree to:
Ensure all address information supplied is accurate and complete. Any discrepancies in the information supplied may result in a delay in transit, loss, additional charges or the parcel being returned to sender. If any additional costs are encountered by Drawing Room due to incorrect information it will be the customer’s responsibility to cover these costs.